During the summer, we have a large family gathering. With 13 mouths to feed over a week-long period, I look for meals and appetizers that don’t take up a lot of time and still suit the varied diets and palates of the family.
Here’s an idea for a layered dip that requires no work yet is delicious, gluten-free and Vegan. Of course, you can easily make each of these components at home and I can give you recipes for all of them. For now, we cheat.
You can serve each of these components separately, but I am telling you, putting them together is so much better.
I don’t care for sour-cream, refried black beans, and cheese in my dip. Too many calories and too heavy.
- 16-ounce tub of hummus or babaganoush, any brand
- 16-ounce tub of guacamole, any brand
- 16-ounce jar of salsa, any brand
- Using a clear glass serving dish, layer the components of the dip, in equal proportions, in the order given (thickest at the bottom, most watery at the top).
- Start with the hummus (or babaganoush) at the bottom, followed by the guacamole and finally, topped off with the salsa.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Written by Anju Kapur of Anju’s Table. All content and images on this site are copyright protected. Please do not use any of my images without my permission. Should you wish to share this recipe on your site, please add a link to this post as the source.